Why Does Everyone in Perth Have One? A Quick Review of the Mazda CX-9
If you live in Perth, you might have noticed that the Mazda CX-9 is one of the most popular SUVs you might find. In fact, different variants of the Mazda CX-9 have been the best-selling SUVs of their size in Australia since the nameplate’s introduction to the Australian market in the mid-2000s.
The Mazda CX-9 family of SUVs has had such enduring popularity in the Australian market, and among Perth drivers, in particular. This is thanks to a good balance between safety, luxury, performance, and, most importantly—driving experience.
If you’re considering looking for a Mazda CX-9 for sale in Perth but aren’t sure if you need one, read on.
How Good Is the Mazda CX-9?
By all accounts, the new Mazda CX-9 is an excellent SUV, albeit on the smaller end of the spectrum. All models since its introduction have had more than adequate space for passengers and drivers but sacrifice a bit of cargo space compared to other similarly-priced or more expensive SUVs. The amount of space for the third passenger row is also a bit small compared to what’s available in many of its larger rivals, though it can still be comfortable for children. On the other hand, its size coupled with its nimble handling and acceleration makes it one of the best SUVs hands down for handling the tight spaces of city driving.
Acceleration is the CX-9’s strong point from the driving side of things. Compared almost every other SUV in the same category, the CX-9 has excellent acceleration and handling characteristics, making it a good choice for both city driving here in Perth as well as for handling tight and twisty roads on your weekend adventures.
Another thing you get with the CX-9s is upscale luxury features that are more common with European-style sedans and SUVs occupying higher price points. So not only do you get an agile yet decently powerful SUV to handle the rigours of both city and cross-country driving, you also get all the riding comfort you might expect from a higher-priced sedan.
The recent iterations of the CX-9 also continue Mazda’s legacy of incorporating advanced safety features as well as entertainment for the passengers. This translates into the makings of an ideal family car that also happens to be powerful enough for the rigours of the outback.
And most importantly, the CX-9 is fun to drive. Unlike many other modern vehicles that occupy the same price bracket as the CX-9, the designers and engineers at Mazda have made sure that their SUV provides a fun driving experience, while supplying you and your passengers some modern technological and safety features.
Notable Features and Benefits of the Mazda CX-9
Here are just a few of the features of the current Mazda CX-9 and how they change the driving experience:
- SkyActiv-G 2.5T Turbocharged Engine. This iteration of the Skyactiv-G 2.5 now comes turbocharged, which means more power, better fuel economy, and more of that signature snappy acceleration we’ve come to love in our Mazda’s.
- Mazda Radar Cruise Control with Stop & Go. This innovative feature uses millimetre wave radar to help control your vehicle’s speed in relation to other objects on the road. This is especially useful on long cross-country drives across Western Australia’s highways.
- i-ACTIV AWD. The CX-9 offers superior stability and a smooth ride thanks to this system. Unlike similar ones from other manufacturers, the i-ACTIV AWD system still keeps the driver feeling connected with the road give you the great feeling of being in control.
- Blind Spot Monitoring. The CX-9 features radar to inform you of obstacles and vehicles in your mirrors’ blind spots.
- Adaptive LED Headlamps. The new CX-9’s headlamps automatically broaden their light field at low speeds, which keeps you from blinding oncoming drivers.
- Smart City Brake Support. An active sensor system also scans for pedestrians and can brake automatically when needed.
- Bose Sound System. Enjoy a superior listening experience with a premium sound system from Bose.
- Personalisation Options. The CX-9 comes with options for different upgrades, including entertainment suites, seat covers, and more.