Are You Interested to Ship Your Own Car to Florida?
Driving your car from any other country to Florida may not only be too time-consuming, but also full of hassles and exhausting too. It will be much better idea to pay any good shipping company and then get your car moved by them in a safe manner.
In this small write up, we shall share with you, how you can ship a car to Florida through any experienced service providers like Florida Transportation Services.
1. Do a little research to find few good shipping company
Your car is an expensive item and hence you need to do proper research in the net, to dig out few reliable shipping companies, who can provide the necessary service for shipping your car in safe manner.
You may also try to read their review to know about their professionalism.
2. Choose any company that you feel comfortable with
Out of few companies that you have picked after doing your research, try to discuss with them to know their terms and conditions. Also, get the feel about their service charges and delivery schedule.
Finally, pick the one whom you feel comfortable with and that meets all your convenience.
3. Check their insurance and licensing
Make sure that the company, with whom you are going to deal with, must be having necessary license for carrying out their business. You may ask them about their USDOT number and with that, you can find information about that company.
Also, make sure that your car will be fully insured by them during the shipping.
4. Negotiate the cost
Finally, it is the cost that you need to negotiate. Following are few things that will affect the cost:
- Size of your car
- Shipping distance
- Cost of fuel
- Transport traffic condition in your preferred area of shipping
- During transport, which route the driver will take
- Present season
5. Find out when should you book and ship
Now you need to decide when you should book. It is always better to book well in advance so that you can get your car back well in time, when you have reached Florida.
Also, the price keeps changing due to many different factors and once you have booked then it is final.
6. Know the date when you can receive your car
It is very important to know the date when you will receive your car back at Florida. Time taken to reach car to destination depends upon the location from where your car will be shipped. Roughly following are the time schedule based on the distance.
- 100 to 500 miles will take 1 to 2 days
- 500 to 1000 miles will take 2 to 3 days
- 1000 to 1500 miles will take 3 to 4 days
- 1500 to 2000 miles will take 4 to 5 days
- 2500 to 3000 miles will take 5 to 6 days
7. Choose your strategic location for picking up
You also need to select your right location from where you will like to receive your car back.
8. Inspect your car properly
Finally, check your car thoroughly after receiving, and make sure that it is in perfect order.